Oscars & Big Love

No comments:


Happy Monday- Here's how to start your work week...

Have a rough morning?  Maybe you hit snooze too many times, didn't have time for breakfast, or checked your email and saw something to put you in a mood before even walking into the office. How can you get the best start to your morning, and since it's Monday (ew), the best start to your work week?

Don't hit snooze

Easier said then done right? In all honesty, you know that by hitting that 'snooze button' you're just causing a more hectic stressful morning for yourself.  Don't start the day off being behind.  When your alarm goes off, get vertical.  If you have a consistent issue with this, you may want to invest in one of these.

Put down your phone

Try not to immediately hop on to your phone.  You'll be staring at screens most of the day, so give your eyes a rest for at least the first 10 minutes of the morning.  "But I won't know what's going on in the woooorld"- well, there is there thing called The News.  It's on every morning, pick a channel, and they'll even tell you what the weather and traffic will be like!  #lifebeforetwitter.

On this topic, try not to check any work related emails or voicemails.  Again, easier said then done.
Personally, I like knowing what I'm walking into when I get int he office.  However, when I do this, 80% of the time there is something sitting in my inbox that immediately makes me stressed, unhappy, or sometimes down right angry.  This makes it absolute torture to get up, get dressed, and walk into the office.

Let the Sunshine in

Thats what mama always said.  Natural light helps to wake you up! Open the shade and get ready in the sunlight.  If you wake up before the sun comes up (kudos to you by the way)- turn on a VERY bright light and it will be almost as effective.

Make your bed

Mama probably always said this too right?  Well, not only does it help keep your room tidy, and keep you from crawling back into your bed, but science  says it will make your day better!

Today is a new day

Still cranky about something that happened last week?  You can't change it, so let it go...  Focus on today.

So if today started out rough- here's to a better tomorrow!


MEME Monday






And the Oscar goes to....

I have no idea because I'm not watching***.  I know.  I'm terrible.  I also didn't see a single one of the movies nominated.  Instead, I'm watching the 'The Great British Bake Off' - because I love watching people with fancy accents indulge in gluten-y goodness.  However, if you want a complete list of the winners click HERE.  The only part of the Oscars that I did see was Mel Gibson walking the red carpet with his girlfriend that is 36 years his junior....#uncomfortable.

For those of you that did watch, you may have noticed some actors wearing blue ribbons, including 'Best Actress' nominee Ruth Negga.  These ribbons were worn in support of the American Civil Liberties Union.  The ACLU is a nonprofit organization which is,  “devoted to protecting the rights of everyone in America.”  The organization has spoken out against many of President Trump's policies since he took office.  The ACLU reached out to many of the major nominees in hopes that they would wear the blue ribbon in solidarity.  

What were your favorite parts of the Oscars??


***Edit (11:15 PM)- I just saw the end.  WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED!?!  Someone got fired.  Apparently they let anyone stuff the envelopes for these events.  As a semi-professional envelope stuffer...I'm embarrassed. Almost as #cringeworthy as the Steve Harvey incident.


'God only knows what I'd be without you...'

Actor Bill Paxton passed away on Saturday at the age of 61, due to surgery complications.  Paxton starred in 'Weird Science,' 'Alien,' 'Apollo 13,' 'Twister,' and one of my all time favorite shows, the HBO series 'Big Love.'  (curious about the title to this section?  Watch 'Big Love's opening credits HERE) #RIP


#ByeBilden

President Trump's nominee for the for Secretary of the Navy, Philip Bilden withdrew himself from consideration because of his business interests;

I have determined that I will not be able to satisfy the Office of Government Ethics requirements without undue disruption and materially adverse divestment of my family's private financial interests."

Whats awkward is that just last week Press Secretary, Sean Spicer, in response to questions about Bilden's possible withdrawal tweeted:

Those people would be wrong.  Just spoke with him [Bilden] and he is 100% committed to being the next SECNAV pending Senate confirm.'
#fakenews?


Quote of the Day


I'm going to make everything around me beautiful- that will be my life."
 -Elsie de Wolfe 


XOXO,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment