Corgi Butts & Balto

No comments:


Lots to do, but ZERO ambition to do it...

This is me this week.  I didn't even feel like writing this.  The thought of filing one morething, or scanning one more thing is turning my brain to literal mush. If I could hide from the ever looming piles of work I would, but you know- #adulting 

I decided to search the interwebs for ways to get my #workgroove back...

Organize your Work Station
Keeping your desk space organized and clutter free helps to decrease distractions.  Reorganizing can help you focus and no one can argue against the fact that it feels better working in a clean space.  Keeping only the things you need in front of you will help to limit distractions. 

Don't forget your Water Bottle
I've become a major proponent of water lately!  Not only are there health benefits, like I mentioned last week, BUT water helps to reduce fatigue.  At the first sign of droopy eyelids and incessant yawning, down a glass of water and it will help perk you up!

Make an 'old school' To-Do List
Writing down a list and keeping it in eyesight helps to actually get things done.  It's a great feeling to physically cross something off your list.  Write down what you want to accomplish and attempt to cross of as much as you can.

PLEASE let me know what you do to help you stay focused at work!  I need all the help I can get this week!

Happy Hump Day and here's to getting my #workgroove back!



"An Utter Failure"
On Tuesday, the Uber  CEO Travis Kalanick addressed the claims of workplace sexism in the company.  These claims have come to light recently in a viral essay  written by a former Uber engineer, Susan Fowler Rigetti. Rigetti describes multiple instances in which Uber ignored her claims of sexual harassment.  In the all-employee meeting, in which many sources in attendance claim that he was visibly emotional, Kalanick apologized to employees, claimed accountability for the company's issues and that the handling of Rigetti's claims was an "an utter failure."  So, at least someone is having a worse week them you.


#WCW

This miraculous angel, named Anna Goldfarb at www.thekitchn.com who tried 17 Talenti Gelato flavors and ranked them. If you haven't indulged in the deliciousness that is Talenti, I suggest you do. PLUS, it's less fat then traditional ice cream, and makes you sound much fancier because its European. Anna ultimately chose 'Caramel Apple Pie' as her top ranking gelato flavor.  I find it slightly absurd that my personal favorite, 'Sicilian Pistachio' was ranked a heartbreaking 11.  Have you tried Talenti?  Do you have a favorite flavor?  Thank you Anna Goldfarb for jeopardizing your summer bikini body to provide the world with this valuable information.  I'm jealous I didn't think of it first... #SicilianPistachio4ever



Running out of things to watch on Netflix?

Here's a list of everything added to Netflix in February. (You're welcome). I'm most excited for 'Balto'- I carried around a stuffed husky from 1995-1996 and became a self proclaimed Iditarod expert. #weekendplans

Hump Day
Here are 35 Corgis to get you through your Wednesday. #corgibutts

Quote of the Day
"Whatever you are, be a good one"- William Makepeace Thackeray


XOXO,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment